No shaving, peels, waxing or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaning treatments. You should wait 7 days after receiving Botox or Dermal Fillers to receive Dermaplaning treatments.
The Procedure: Try to remain still and do not chew gum during the treatment. Talking will be restricted by your skin care specialist at certain key times during the treatment. Due to the contours of the face, certain areas of the face (such as the eyelids and nose) are not treatable using this method.
- Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post- treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post-treatment. Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks. Apply SPF 30 or greater – reapply often.
- Avoid excessive heat 3 days post-treatment, for example – heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- Avoid Dermal Fillers or Botox for 2 to 4 weeks based on area.
- Do not pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
- No scrubs, polishers, or aggressive brushes should be used for 7 to 14 days.
- Do apply serums as absorption levels will be elevated.
- You may experience slight peeling for the first few days. Slight windburn sensation and/or blotchiness are normal for the first few days.
- Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 days.
For best results, Dermaplaning treatments are recommended every 3-5 weeks. If you have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment or suggested home regimen, you should consult your esthetician immediately.